Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Kick Start

Indian... Hindu... Punjabi... Sikh... Seth...Brahman... All these words are words for Identification. To locate a particular person.

But how far these words are relevant in current day's context? I really dont know the answer.

My cousin lives in Dubai and he is there for the past 30+ years. He went there when he was 23. He has no plans to return to India. All the more I would call him a Dubai citizen rather than an Indian. But whenever he visits my home, he doesnt seems to me like a foreigner. Like, I dont treat him like a foreigner. Not becoz hes my cousin. I hardly saw him 4 times in my life. Still he is born and brought up in India. This makes me feel that he still belong to the clan to which I belong.

So does it means that the place of birth matters? So if someone is born of a particular place, religion, caste, he belong to that? Or is that any kind of embracement that we do, which decides who we are? A cat is always a cat no matter how loud it tries to roar.

India is a country where every religion, caste is fixed upon birth. Even I was told that the so called Vedas speaks of the same thing.

The first qn that I need to answer myself, is that "who am I". I dont mean any philosophical qn. here. By default am I structured any way, am I configured already or am I too flexible enough to take the form that I want.

This blog of mine is an attempt to understand the History of India (I mean the cultural history), the mind-set of people, who are my so-called ancestors, what did they achieve, that they tried to communicate to us, to pass on the next generation, etc.

Any piece of info abt the Indian culture, that I feel attractive and not so normal, I am presenting it here.

Lets seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment